Fujifilm is an iconic brand that has reinventing itself over the past decades. In 2020, it’s become part of a retro pop culture with products like the Instax, a camera that’s making the rounds on photo sharing platforms such as Instagram.
Fujifilm and their digital agency bfound wanted to get people interested in its multiple Fujifilm Instax SKUs, but also drive online conversions, so it went with an integrated approach, using digital billboards to drive up search traffic, while capturing that increase with performance ads.
The Fujifilm ad ran on digital screens in key office buildings and corporate locations, as well as popular residential buildings, in areas such as Dubai Marina, The Palm, DIFC Gate District, JLT and Media City.
The campaign was planned through the TPS Engage platform to run at peak traffic hours in order to optimise budget: 7-10 AM, 5-8PM for both corporate and residential, with the addition of 12-3 PM for corporate offices.
After a month of running this campaign in these key locations with hourly planning, we could identify what worked and what didn’t, in order to adapt future initiatives.
- The campaign, along with some tweaks to ads, increased the performance of online marketing
- +41% increase in link clicks
- +66% increase in unique people reached through online ads (due to higher ad score)
- +68% increase in impressions
- Additionally, the campaign saw an increase in brand name search traffic related to Instax, Fujifilm and Fuji on days when the Digital Out of Home campaign was active
- Despite generating clear interest in the product, the unique discount code was not highly used – for products such as Fujifilm Instax, where DOOH was used to drive demand, the discount did not have an important role in the decision making process for clients
- Multiple creatives – the campaign could drive additional demand and interest by alternating creatives and using contextual moments to connect with consumers (photos at sunrise, photos at sunset, food photos etc.)
Fujifilm’s Instax campaign is a great example of using an integrated approach between digital billboards and online ads to drive demand and interest, then capturing it through online marketing efforts.
See additional data and information on the case study here.
The works we are proud of
How bfound increased search traffic using hourly digital billboards and CPC optimization
TPS Engage & Carrefour – using contextual DOOH to increase in-store sales
Driving search and PPC performance through digital billboards – Fujifilm Instax case study
The GameStop billboard that broke the internet
How Wokyo Noodle Bar increased sales by 54% using digital billboards